Getting Started With Image Transfers
With inkAID image transfers, you can display your digital images onto almost any material: paper, fabric, canvas, metal, wood, ceramics, glass or tile.
A great way to begin is with the inkAID Image Transfer Starter Pack that includes six, 8.5" x 11", sheets of inkAID Transfer Film and a four ounce bottle of inkAID Transferiez Image Transfer Medium.
inkAID Image Transfers Are Simple And Easy To Do!
- Prepare The inkAID Transferiez - 91% Isopropyl Alcohol Solution According To The Directions
- Print Your Image On The inkAID transfer Film
- Apply The Transferiez - Alcohol Solution To The Substrate You Want To Transfer To
- Immediately Carefully Place The Transfer Film, Print Side Down, On The Substrate
- Press The Film Gently Into The Substrate And Wait About 2 Minutes
- Then Carefully Raise One Corner Of The Film And Gently Peel Off
Here's What You'll Need:
- inkAID Image Transfer Film
- inkAID Transferiez Image Transfer Medium
- 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
- A container with a tight sealing lid such as a "Ball" Canning jar
- A foam brush
- Inkjet printer with pigment inks for all colors
Watch the video below as Carolyn Dube takes you through the process step by step.
You can also find complete written instructions on the general inkAID Image Transfer page on our website.
You can put image transfers onto many other mediums such as encaustic wax, acrylic and oil paint, or other grounds or coatings. You can even layer image transfers on top of one another creating a three-dimensional effect.